This is the Fall 2012 version of your class assignment.
Each student will be required to write a term paper on an issue of politics and government. This may concern something discussed in class or a topic we have not spoken on. All topics must be approved by the instructor before undertaking the research (in class or by e-mail). Specific requirements for each paper include:
Acceptable term paper topic suggestions:
- Examine the two party conventions we saw this year. Did they help/hinder the party or the candidate?
- Research the Republican Party platform of the 1860s and the Republican Party platform of today. Do the same for the Democrats. Contrast/compare.
- Explore the U.S. government’s space policy of the 1960s.
- Look at the famous court decisions (immigration and healthcare) made in June 2012. Examine how the courts made their decisions and critique the answers to the legal questions.
- Research the presidency of Dwight D. Eisenhower.