Kate Chopin was an American author noted for her feminist and often scandalous fiction. Her 1898 short story “The Storm” concerns a housewife who commits adultery one stormy day while her husband is away.
LINCCWeb online catalog – Search Terms
- Chopin, Kate (Author)
- Chopin, Kate (Subject)
Call Number for Browsing the Shelves
Circulating Books – A Selected List
- Beer, Janet (Ed.). The Cambridge Companion to Kate Chopin. 2008.
- Call Number: PS1294 .C63 C36 2008
- Boren, Lynda and Sara Davis (Eds.). Kate Chopin Reconsidered. 1992.
- Call Number: PS1294 .C63 K385 1992
- Chopin, Kate. The Awakening and Selected Short Fiction. 2003.
- Call Number: PS1294 .C63 A61 2003
- Koloski, Bernard. Kate Chopin: A Study of the Short Fiction. 1996.
- Call Number: PS1294 .C63 K65 1996
- Petry, Alice Hall (Ed.). Critical Essays on Kate Chopin. 1996.
- Call Number: PS1294 .C63 C75 1996
- Toth, Emily. Unveiling Kate Chopin. 1999.
- Call Number: PS1294 .C63 T684 1999
- Critical Survey of Short Fiction. – Call Number: REF PN3321 .C7 2001
- Masterplots II: Short Story Series. – Call Number: REF PN3326 .M27 2004
- Short Stories for Students. – Call Number: REF PN3330 .S386
- Short Story Criticism. – Call Number: REF PN3321 .S5
- Vol. 8, pgs. 80, 84, 86, 91, 95
- Vol. 68, pgs. 171, 178, 181, 183, 191, 207, 222-227
- Vol. 110, pgs. 6-8, 15, 23, 31, 39, 45, 54-61, 76-77, 86
- Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism. – Call Number: REF PN771 .G27
- Vol. 5, pgs. 153, 158
- Vol. 14, pgs. 62-65, 69, 80-82
- Vol. 127, pgs. 9-10, 79, 128, 211-212
Electronic Research Databases
To access Valencia’s research databases, open your Atlas account, select ‘Search the Library’, then select ‘Databases A-Z’.
- Literary Reference Center Plus
- Literature Resources from Gale
This Research Guide is designed to help users find information on a particular topic within the Valencia College East Campus Library. This is by no means a comprehensive list of resources and other resources may be available on this topic. Please check LINCCWeb, Valencia East’s online catalog, to verify the availability of circulating books within the library. Feel free to ask a librarian for help if you need further assistance.
Valencia College East Campus Library
Last Revised on November 21, 2021