The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
The novel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain (Samuel Langhorne Clemens) was first published in 1876. This was Twain’s second novel and is a boy’s adventure story. The story is about Tom Sawyer’s encounters with the adult world, represented by Aunt Polly and Judge Thatcher, his romance with Becky Thatcher, and finally his adventurous triumph over evil in the person of Injun Joe.
LINCCWeb online catalog – Search Terms
- Adventures of Tom Sawyer
- Mark Twain
- Mark Twain Criticism and Interpretation
Call Numbers for Browsing the Shelves
Circulating Books – A Selected List
- Koster, Katie de (ed.). Readings on The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. 1999.
- Call Number: PS1306 .R43 1999
- Messent, Peter. Mark Twain. 1997.
- Call Number: PS1338 .M47 1997
- Twain, Mark. The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. 1982.
- Call Number: PS1306 .A2 G47 1982
- Bloom, Harold (ed.). Mark Twain. 1986.
- Call Number: PS1338 .M27 1986
- Sloane, David E. E. Student Companion to Mark Twain. 2001.
- Call Number: PS1338 .S56 2001
- Miller, Robert Keith. Mark Twain. 1983.
- Call Number: PS1338 .M5 1983
- Critical Survey of Long Fiction. 2nd Revised Ed. – Call Number: REF PN3321 .C75 2000
- Magill’s Survey of American Literature – Call Number: REF PS21 .M34 2007
o Vol. 6, pg. 2517-18
- Mark Twain: The Contemporary Reviews – Call Number: REF PS1338 .M298 1999
- Masterplots. 2nd Revised Ed.– Call Number: REF PN44 .M33
- Novels for Students – Call Number: REF PN44 .N937
- Twentieth-Century Literary Criticism – Call Number: REF PN771 .G27
- Vol. 6, pg. 455-56, 460-61, 463-66, 468-70, 473-76, 480, 483-84
- Vol. 12, pg. 427, 431-32, 437-38, 440, 451-53
- Vol. 19, pg. 351-58, 361-63, 366-67, 269, 371-72, 407, 409, 411
- Vol. 36, pg. 354-55, 358, 384, 394, 401, 404, 409
- Vol. 48, pg. 330, 334-35, 339, 357
- Vol. 59, pg. 159-212
- Vol. 161, pg. 210-17, 223, 236, 255-59, 276, 289, 292, 337
To access Valencia’s research databases, open your Atlas account, select ‘Search the Library’, then select ‘Databases A-Z’.
- Academic Search Complete
- Literature Resources from Gale
- OmniFile Full Text Mega
This Research Guide is designed to help users find information on a particular topic within the Valencia College East Campus Library. This is by no means a comprehensive list of resources and other resources may be available on this topic. Please check the LINCCWeb, Valencia East’s online catalog, to verify the availability of circulating books within the library. Feel free to ask a librarian for help if you need further assistance.
Valencia College East Campus Library
Last Revised on September 10,