This guide presents a list of sources on the historical, social, cultural, economic, political, business and travel climate and the country's national security system.
LINCCWeb online catalog – Search Terms
Call Numbers for Browsing the Shelves
· The World Book Encyclopedia – Call Number: REF AE5 .W55 2001
o Vol. 19, pgs. 221 - 228
· The New Encyclopaedia Britannica – Call Number: REF AE5 .E363 2002
o Vol. 11, pgs. 668 - 669 (Micropaedia Ready Reference)
· Countries of the World and Their Leaders Yearbook - Call Number: REF G122 .C67 2004
o Vol. 2, pgs. 1656 - 1665
· Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations: Asia and Oceania - Call Number: REF G63 .W67 2001
o Vol. 4, pgs. 590 - 604
· East, Southeast Asia, and the Western Pacific – Call Number: REF DS502 .H53 1998
o Pgs. 164 - 173
· Lands and Peoples: Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Oceania – Call Number: REF G133 .L3 1997
o Vol. 2, pgs. 273 - 280
· The Marshall Cavendish New Illustrated Encyclopedia of the World and its People – Call Number: REF G133 .M348 1986
o Vol. 15, pgs. 2081 - 2086
· Goodman, Jim. Thailand. 1991
Call Number: REF DS563.5 .G66 1993
· Countries and their Cultures - Call Number: REF GN307 .C68 2001
o Vol. 4, pgs. 2202 - 2217
· Worldmark Encyclopedia of Cultures and Daily Life: Asia and Oceania - Call Number: REF GN333 .W67 1998
o Vol. 3, pgs. 758 -763
· The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Mankind - Call Number: REF GN307 .I44 1990
o Vol. 14, pgs. 1762 - 1764
· Moss, Joyce. Peoples of the World: Asians and Pacific Islanders. 1993
Call Number: REF GN308 .P4 Asi
o Pgs. 395 - 405
· Levinson, David. Ethnic Groups Worldwide: A Ready Reference Handbook. 1998
Call Number: REF GN325 .L46 1998
o Pgs. 286 - 289
Electronic Reference Books
· CIA World Factbook
Reporting on country-specific demographics, government, economy, infrastructure, etc.
· Country Background Notes
Reporting on economic & political systems, populations, history, travel advisories, etc. for countries across the globe. Courtesy, U.S. State Department.
· Country Commercial Guide
Prepared annually by U.S. embassies with the assistance of several U.S. government agencies. These reports present a comprehensive look at countries' commercial environments, using economic, political and market analysis.
· Country Studies
This website contains the on-line versions of books previously published in hard copy by the Federal Research Division of the Library of Congress as part of the Country Studies/Area Handbook Series sponsored by the U.S. Department of the Army between 1986 and 1998. At present, 101 countries and regions are covered. Each study offers a comprehensive description and analysis of the country or region's historical setting, geography, society, economy, political system, foreign policy, and national security.
To access Valencia’s research databases, open your Atlas account, select ‘Search the Library’, then select ‘Databases A-Z’.
· Academic Search Complete
· Business Source Complete
· LexisNexis Academic (see Walden’s Country Reports)
This Research Guide is designed to help users find information on a particular topic within the Valencia College East Campus Library. This is a comprehensive list of resources and other resources may be available at other libraries. Please check LINCCWeb, Valencia East’s online catalog, to verify the availability of circulating books within the library. Feel free to ask a librarian for help if you need further assistance.