Research Requirements (4-6 sources total):
- One (1) resource is the short story by your chosen author (not the one we read for class)
- The story can be found online or in the library
- Three – five (3-5) biographical sources about your author
- Acceptable biographical sources include books, articles, a reliable website, written interviews, and recorded interviews.
- At least one of your sources must come from the Valencia library databases or from books about the author. If you find a good biographical book about an author and use more than one chapter from it, you can count that as two separate sources, but you must individually cite each chapter in your works cited page.
- Your other sources are allowed to come from general websites from the Internet (NOT Wikipedia or any type of student help site like enotes, Spark Notes, Shmoop, Bookrags, etc.).
REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE NOT RESEARCHING CRITICISM ABOUT THE LITERATURE. YOU ARE ONLY RESEARCHING BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR AUTHOR. THE CONNECTIONS BETWEEN THE AUTHOR’S LIFE AND THE SHORT STORY YOU SELECT WILL BE DONE BY YOU.
*If you have any questions about sources or citations, just ask!