Research Requirements (4-6 sources total):
- One (1) resource is the short story by your chosen author (not the one we read for class)
- The story can be found online or in the library
- Three – five (3-5) biographical sources about your author
- Acceptable biographical sources include books, articles, a reliable website, written interviews, and recorded interviews.
- You are allowed to use two general websites from the Internet (NOT Wikipedia or any type of student help site like enotes, Spark Notes, Shmoop, Bookrags, etc.). If you have found your short story online, it doesn’t count as your general websites from the Internet. You can still use 2 biographical sources from the Internet.
- All other sources must come from the library databases or from books about the author. If you find a good biographical book about an author and use more than one chapter from it, you can count that as two separate sources, but you must individually cite each chapter in your works cited page.
REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE NOT RESEARCHING CRITICISM ABOUT THE LITERATURE. YOU ARE ONLY RESEARCHING BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR AUTHOR. THE CONNECTIONS BETWEEN THE AUTHOR’S LIFE AND THE SHORT STORY YOU SELECT WILL BE DONE BY YOU.
*If you have any questions about sources or citations, just ask!