Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
How to Evaluate a Website
- Is the information fair?
- Is it expressing a bias?
- Was it fact-checked by an editor?
- Are there spelling, grammar or formatting errors?
- Is it reliable?
- Who wrote the information?
- Who published the site?
- Is it an organization with strong opinions?
- Is the page current?
- Are there dead links?
- Are there sources?
- Where does the information come from?
- Can you find the information elsewhere?
- Is there contact information?
Evaluating Online Sources