Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Is MLA causing you stress? Your Valencia College librarians are here to save the day! We have created color-coded guides to show you how to:
- Format your citations in your Works Cited page
- Format your in-text citations
- Cite database sources, web sites, books, YouTube videos, and more!
Click here for a list of examples of how to cite electronic sources. Electronic sources can be digital or found online.
Click here for a list of examples of how to cite print sources. Print sources are known as physical or tangible sources that you can hold such as a book, newspaper, or DVD. Remember, you can find these sources online as well. Then you would refer to the electronic sources guide linked above.
Click here for sample MLA papers that illustrate how to format your paper, include in-text citations, and have an exemplary Works Cited page. Once you click the link, select a PDF icon to view a sample paper.
- The Purdue Online Writing Lab (OWL) also gives great examples on how to format and cite your paper in MLA style.
- This MLA tutorial will take you step-by-step to create citations and format your paper in MLA style.
- The library has copies of the MLA Handbook if you prefer something that isn't online. Click the link to see availability and locations.