The following library databases will provide useful background, pro and con arguments, and additional resources on controversial issues. Try searching a term like "tissue donation" or "transplantation" to get more background information on the topic. Gathering background information is part of the preliminary research phase. Think about some of the following questions while you are gathering background information:
- Who are the main parties affected by this issue?
- Are there larger implications of these actions to society as a whole? If so, list at least two (remember to keep in mind who would be affected).
- What are two positive effects that could arise from allowing this action? How would the effect change society?
- What are two negative effects that could arise from allowing this action? How would the effect change society?
- Are there any legal implications from this action? If so, what are they and who would they affect.
- Did more questions arise during your preliminary research? If so what were they?
These additional questions can be answered using more specialized resources during the in depth research phase.