Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
This research guide is for Prof. Kelly Morehead's ENC 1101 classes.
The databases listed on this page require a login. For access:
- Go to your Atlas account and log in.
- Click on the Search the Library link, under the "Courses" tab.
- On the page that follows, click Databases A-Z or Databases by Subject.
- Click on the name of the database, e.g. Academic Search Complete.
Note: If you do not access this guide through Atlas, you will be prompted for a Borrower ID and PIN when you click on the links to the databases
- Your Borrower ID is the number is your VID card, including the 'V'
- Your PIN is the last four digits of your VID
Remember that although many of the library databases provide MLA citations for electronic sources, it is your responsibility as a student to ensure that all of your citations are correct.
Be sure to compare any database generated citations to the library's MLA guides online (link below), the official MLA Handbook (located at the second floor Reference Desk), or your Little Seagull Handbook.
Access Smartthing within Atlas. Follow these steps:
- Log in to Atlas
- Go to the Courses tab
- From the My Courses box, click on 'Tutoring (online)'