Compare and contrast a primary source of ONE of the following from Enlightenment to its counterpart in Romanticism (Two works in total):
- Works of visual art
- Works of poetry
Please do not select a work that has already been thoroughly covered in class.
Your paper must contain the following sources:
- 2 primary sources from the time periods
- 2 journal articles
- 2 other appropriate academic sources of your choosing. (The librarian will be able to help you with information literacy.)
- The articles and other sources should be used as reference material for cultural and historical context and background information about your chosen pieces.
- Your paper must be 1200 words in MLA format (or another academic format if that is more comfortable for you.) Points will be deducted proportionally for papers under the word count. The works cited page does not count in your word count.
- You must use a Word document, not pages, or a .pdf or another type of file. Office 365 is free on Atlas.
- Do not write in the first person (I think. Here is what I concluded.)
- You must have a thesis statement in the first paragraph which CLEARLY lays out the argument you will be making in your paper.
- You MUST have BOTH a works cited page AND intext citations. This is not an either or choice. You must have both.