Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What's in this Guide?
This is a guide for SPC 1017 faculty wishing to implement an internationalized three week unit on culture and perception.
Students will be able to articulate the role of culture as it influences perception (identity, awareness, and acceptance) of self and others in a global context.
Global Competencies: A global citizen has the following attitudes
- Articulates a sense of identity, self-awareness, and self-acceptance
- Understands personal norms, biases, and expectations for oneself and others
- Values and respects diversity
Instructions for this Unit
Some co-curricular opportunities are:
- Attend International Education Week
- Attend a cultural diversity workshop
- Eat at an authentic ethnic restaurant (see list below for suggestions)
- Attend cultural festival (see list below for suggestions)
- Apply for a Fulbright Visiting Scholar under the OLF program to come give a lecture on campus.
- Invite an international student to visit your class and talk about his/her culture.
- Assign students to watch a foreign film of their choice (see list below for suggestions)