Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Be sure to check out the Library's Research Workshops course which includes self-paced modules and live Zoom sessions to help students with research assignments.
Faculty may assign students the entire course to complete, or select specific modules or live sessions for them. Upon completion of a module or attendance at a live session, students will take an assessment in order to earn a badge. The badges are stored within the course and can be used to verify that module or live session requirements have been met.
Here’s how it works:
- Instructors are encouraged to enroll before assigning the course to students. This will provide an opportunity to view the modules and live sessions to see which topics will help students the most with your assignment
- The self-enroll link is the same for both instructors and students.
- Instructors share the Research Workshops self-enroll course link with students.
- Students enroll in the course and complete the assigned modules or attend a specific live session. They will then earn the appropriate badges.
- Students submit the badges as proof to their instructor that they have completed the assignment.
• APA Crash Course
- Learn how to cite your sources using APA 7
• Evaluating Sources for NSE
- Whether you're conducting career research or exploring transfer options after Valencia, this tutorial will set NSE students up for success when it comes to evaluating sources.
• How to Spot Fake News
- Wondering if that article from your news feed is the real deal? This tutorial will leave you equipped to tell fact from fiction.
• MLA Crash Course
- Need help citing with MLA 8? Learn how to format in-text citations and create works cited citations.
• MLA | How to Format Your Paper
- This interactive tutorial takes you step-by-step through setting up a paper in MLA format in Word 365 (available at no cost through Atlas).
• Plagiarism 101
- Most plagiarism is unintentional - learn how you can spot it and avoid it in this tutorial.
• Researching Literature
- Learn how to distinguish between literary source types, interpret a literary research assignment, and more!
- How to Log in to the Valencia College Library
- Learn how to connect to the library's online resources through Atlas.
- How to Search the Library's Catalog
- Learn how to use the library catalog (Mango) to find resources like books, articles, eBooks, and more.
- Borrowing from Another Library
- Find out how to borrow books from other libraries for free.
- How to Renew Books Online
- See the step-by-step online process to renew books you've checked out.
- Tour the Valencia College Lake Nona Campus Library
- Get acquainted with the layout of the Lake Nona Campus Library in this video.
- Welcome to the West Campus Library
- A video reviewing the West Campus Library, including its technology, services, and more.
- Meet Us in the West Campus Library
- Get to know about the resources and services at the West Campus Library from the librarians themselves.
- West Campus Library: Items to Borrow
- Learn about resources like the Technology Petting Zoo you can use at the West Campus Library.
- West Campus Library: Go Green at the Library
- Explore ways to go green at the West Campus Library with recycling bins, eco-friendly printing options, hydration stations, and more.
- West Campus Library: Technology in the Library
Find out what technology the library has available such as iPads, charging stations, and more.
Canvas Tutorials (for Faculty)
Valencia Faculty - Looking for resources that you can import into your courses from the Canvas Commons? The library has tutorials (many with quizzes that connect to the gradebook) that cover topics like fake news, fact checking, evaluating sources, MLA, APA, and more! View the following video to learn how you can import these resources into your online courses.
- APA Crash Course 7th Ed.
- APA 7 In-text Citations
- APA 7 Reference Citations
- Evaluating Sources: NSE
- Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- Geared toward Allied Health and Nursing students
- Formatting an APA 7 Essay
- Formatting an MLA Essay
- How to Spot Fake News
- Humanities: MLA Examples
- Humanities: MLA for the Humanities
- Humanities: Research in the Humanities
- Humanities: Source Materials
- Introduction to APA 7
- Introduction to Fact Checking
- Introduction to MLA
- MLA Crash Course
- MLA Full Citations
- MLA In-Text Citations
- New Student Experience Citation and Avoiding Plagiarism with the Library
- New Student Experience Researching Careers with the Library
- New Student Experience Spotlight on a Place: The Library
- NSE Guide to the West Campus Library
- Original Research Journal Article
- Geared toward Allied Health and Nursing students
- Plagiarism 101
- Science Fact, or Science Fiction?
- Tips on How to Paraphrase (APA)
- Types of Sources
- What is Plagiarism?