Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Step one in your research is to get to know your topic.
Do this by browsing some general information sources. You can start with a Google Search.
As you browse these sources, collect KEYWORDS related to the topic.
Words that answer the question WHO?
- names of architects
- names of firms
- names of historical figures
Words that answer the question WHAT?
- names of buildings
- types of structures (example: pyramid)
- building styles (example: art deco)
Words that answer the question WHEN and WHERE?
- specific dates
- time periods (example: Renaissance)
- periods in architecture history (example: Bauhaus)
- current and historical placenames
Words that answer the question HOW?
Get as many keywords as you can. This will help as you move into the next steps.